Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Learning and Sharing

Do you know what I learned this month? That if someone begins a sentence with "I think I agree with Justice Thomas" I'll probably disagree with 99.99% of everything they will ever say. Especially if they go on to say that prosecuting wife-beaters could be bad, because it might cause women to let themselves be abused. I can't even find the strength in my four fingers (you know, they four that I type with) to go over what I thought when I heard someone say that out loud.

Here's another thing I learned: baseball sized hail will shatter a car windshield in about one minute. I learned this through someone else, but these are the kind of lessons that you don't forget. Oh, and a tornado won't hesitate to steal your porch chairs right from your patio and desposit them who-knows-where. That one I can personally attest to.

I've also learned a lot about the ethical issues in collaborative family law. What? Oh . . . you don't give a rat's ass? Nobody wants to hear about law school? Thank goodness I have Neville. He likes conversation and doesn't mind if I complain about law school. Although he never has very good advice, since all of our talks go something like this:

Me: I still have eight more pages to write! I'll never get this finished!
Neville: Meeeeeooooow.
Me: Is it possible to fail out of law school?
Neville: *blinks*
Me: I need a cookie.

Okay, so maybe that conversation was a bit of a lie. Neville only knows 2 words: "mao" and "yao". He's very into Chinese history and culture. Sometimes we ask him "Neville, who's your favorite player on the Rockets?" and he'll say, "Yaaooo." Othertimes he gets confused and answers "Maaaoooo" but we quickly correct him and explain that he's thinking of the deceased leader of the Communist Party of China.

And although it's not yet Friday, I had to share the following Chuck Norris fact, because I thought it was fantastic (it's way better if you read it out loud):

"Dinosaurs went extinct because of the Chuck Norrisaurus"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even showing up for the last day of class = totally ballsy.