Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Guilds Kick Ass

In the past week, Matt has:
1. killed a wild boar with his fists,
2. gotten sucked into a painting,
3. been bitten by a vampire,
4. been struck by lightning,
AND
5. chased down a dinosaur.

Did I mention this all took place in Oblivion? And by "Oblivion" I mean "the reason that I'm going to fail out of law school". Seriously, I think the most accurate comment I've read about this game so far is that it lacks one thing: an attachment that links directly to your brain so that you can keep playing while showering and sleeping. I call Matt at work to say things like "Have we looked for Nirnroot in Bravil?" and "How do you feel about goblin-made armor?" We're totally obsessed.

Let me tell an anecdote to illustrate the level of obsession that we're talking about here. I was running errands today and was sitting at a stoplight in a really pretty area of Austin that's all hilly and green. I looked out of my car window and noticed that the grass was full of wildflowers, some weird weeds, and a bunch of small shrubs. And do you know what I thought? I thought "I wonder what magical properties those plants have."

3 comments:

Pens! said...

How cute! It's just like your "what could I use as a weapon if I had to kill a vampire right now" Buffy game...

Anonymous said...

I remember when I got totally obsessed with PS2's SSX (totally rad snowboarding game). The important control was to hold the x button down while you went up the hill and release it just as you crested to get the biggest jump (and be able to do a triple backflip followed by a front flip all while twisting 360 degrees). Anyway, one day I was in Houston driving south on Shepherd, towards I-10, and there is a part of the street that is kind of like the hill where 15th street goes over Lamar here in Austin, and I found myself, while behind the wheel of a car, thinking I'd better release the x button so I'd get big air when I crested the hill.

I stopped playing so much then.

Anonymous said...

Krissa totally went in for SSX as well but got bored with it quickly.

I'd enthuse at Krissa a lot about how great next generation consoles are if I were you Raychul. She'd love one really.