Saturday, November 12, 2005

Nerds r' Us

Exactly twenty-four hours ago, I put the finishing touches on my seminar paper and emailed it to my Professor. I seriously considered going to bed for a few hours and then getting up at about eight am to email it then, so that it would seem like I had finished up early and was sending it right before a full day of work and school and making the world a better place. But who am I kidding? Professors know that we stay up all night finishing papers. So, as I said, I emailed my paper to him at four in the morning. And then I spent another hour cleaning up the books, the papers, and the general mess that the living room had become. And then I went to sleep. Ahhhh.

Tonight I'm up at four in the morning because Matt and I are playing video games. This is because we are nerds, and this is what nerds do. Soroush told me that once when Matt and I were late getting to a party at his house, someone started making sort of strange comments about how we were probably just at home getting it on instead of hanging out with our friends. "Hmm", I replied, "If by 'getting it on' you mean 'playing Halo', then yes, we are."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, dean... allah'u'abha to you too. i haven't talked to you in SOOO long. but it's nice to see that you're as kind and loving as ever. :)

anyway, hope you and the family are well. glad we could meet up on rachel's blog. you should drop by mine some time.

and though you may not remember it, i'll never forget your comment about me being a "closet freak." i think that's one of the most memorable things anyone's ever said to me. one of these days, i'll let you know if you're right.