Saturday, December 10, 2005

Another post that references Jessica & Nick

I am the worst blogger ever . . . but it isn't my fault! I swear! The blame for my negligence rests solely with UT Law and their insistence on making the poor law students take massive finals that turn your brain into mush. Actually, it only turns half your brain into mush, the part involving normal human contact. It turns the other half into well-oiled machinery of legal facts, so that you end up saying things in everyday conversation like "let's look at this from the perspective of institutional settlement" and "California is a community property state, so you know Nick's going to try and take half of Jessica's money."

I also feel like after awhile I won't be able to respond to people with anything but what I'm studying, so that soon Matt and I will sound like this:

M: Do you think we need to go to the grocery store?
R: For estate tax purposes, never let someone die with a remainder interest.
M: Umm . . . okay. Good to know. What about the grocery store?
R: Erie stands for the basic idea that federal courts have to apply state law to state issues!!
M: That's nice, dear.
R: Yes! Isn't it?
M: Maybe I should go to the grocery store and you can stay here and study.
R: Animals get designated as endangered through the listing process! The LISTING PROCESS!!
M: *Sigh* It's going to be a long month, isnt it?

And I know this has been said a million times this week, but OH MY GOODNESS WHY WAS IT SO COLD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn eerie doctrine. civil procedure is the bane of my existence. maybe i don't give a crap if there's a direct collision of state and federal practice!

Rachel G. said...

what's really great about Erie is that it comes back to bite you in the ass in pretty much every single other class . . . you're never really through with it. Although it really does reach the pinnacle of suckiness in Civ Pro.

Remind me again why I didn't become a personal shopper?

Anonymous said...

these comments are eerily reminiscent of cyber-dookie...
-billy joe armstrong