Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All studying and no Dr. Pepper make Raychul something something . . .

One of my hobbies is reading things on Craigslist. This is because Craigslist - like life - is full of crazies. I took a break from studying to peruse the "Pets" section of Austin Craiglist, because, you know, puppies and kittens are cute, and when I read the following I actually laughed out loud:

"Llamas for Adoption - 14 llamas, males $200 adoption fee,females $350 adoption fee. All sizes available"

Wow! Who wouldn't want to adopt a pet llama! Or two! Or fourteen!! And look - ALL SIZES! Silly me, I thought llamas just came in llama-sized, I didn't realize that I could order a giant sloth sized llama! Where do I sign up?? I would love to blow a couple thousand dollars on some llamas - I could keep them on my balcony, and my apartment complex would leave passive-aggressive warning notes on my door like they always do, only these would say something like:

"Dear Resident,

Please note that you are in violation of your lease. Section 2.0042 states that the balcony and breezeway areas must be kep clear of 'furniture, trash receptacles, and random farm animals'. Failure to remedy this violation within 24 hours will result in penalties under Section 2.0043.

Sincerely,

the Management"

Oh, and did I mention that I Love Alpacas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Alpacas are small and gentle enough to travel short distances in the family minivan."

Do you think that would qualify me for the HOV lane?