Thursday, June 23, 2005

Shall I share too much information?

In case anyone was interested, I'm pretty much just finishing up one of the busiest, most frustrating weeks I've ever had at work. I love my job, but when I get a project that is long, complicated, and really really nit-picky, I start to go a little insane. Poor Nikki has been swamped too. I think we'd been dealing with the stress pretty well until this week, when we realized that our "great idea" of taking our "woman pill" at the same time so we could help each other remember had a side effect: the resetting of womanly cycles so that they occur simultaneously. (I'm trying not to be too tacky here, but this is the best I can do. And I'm kind of a tacky person, as evidenced by Pinky the laptop bag). Anyway, today we discovered all kinds of fun problems involving the office's electrical system, and by about 3:00pm my hormones were going crazy and I had already threatened to cry at least four times. I'm making it sound really depressing, but it was actually kind of funny. (Well, it probably wasn't funny for Brian. He was probably hiding in the back room, wringing his hands and wondering what he'd done to deserve such crazy employees.)

I'm not going to complain about other frustrating things that happened, but I'll say this: IF THOU DOST TELL ME TO ARRIVE BY SIX IN ORDER TO SEE YOU, DO NOT LEAVE AT 5:30. I SHALL SEND THEE TO THE GALLOWS.

In other news, after a long and involved apartment search Matt and I decided to just stay where we are for now. We rearranged our bedroom as sort of a consolation prize, which was fun because I love arranging furniture.

We also went to Home Depo this week, a trip that secured my place in the Moron Hall of Fame. My finest moment went something like this:

R: Wow - look! I didn't know they sold tractors here!
M: Honey, those are just riding mowers.

And in case anyone was wondering, riding mowers do NOT having horns, but they should. Safety first, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

Wow, so this is what a blog is....interesting. Oh Yeah, this is Raymond--still alive (interestingly enough), still working for the most beloved government organization in the country (the IRS), and despite acquiring my first computer, still abysmal at replying to people.

Case in point, i just today got to your email of months back about you having this blog thing. And so i just spent the past two hours reading it all....interesting stuff.

Well, it's seven in the morning and i haven't slept in over a day (hence the lack of descriptive vocabulary beyond the word "interesting") and so i shall go. Tell Matt i said hi.

-Raymond

Rachel G. said...

Raymond!! Glad to know that you are, in fact, still alive (although I kind of figured). Don't stress the not-replying; I too am terrible about correspondence. : )

I hope you got some sleep!