Monday, August 15, 2005

This "internet" you speak of . . .

As per the recommendation of Ms. Genious Q. Esquire (Erin) I put my first year books up for sale on Amazon and - voila! - less than 24 hours later 5 out of the 7 books are GONE baby. So if you're really hoping to read you some Civil Procedure for a decent price, I'd get on that ASAP.

The internet is great. My new favorite waste of time is browsing the "wanted" category on Craigslist. It's fun - you get to look at some anonymous blurb about what someone desperately needs and try to extrapolate as much as you can about the person posting. I mean, people are looking for some random items. For example (I swear, these are copied directly from Craiglist):

"WANTED:your non-working electric dryer..."

"I LOOKING FOR WHEELCHAIR ,MY GRANDMOTHER NEED WHELLCHAIR.THANKS."

"Luau decorations needed 4 Beach Party - Free boobs"

And that's just getting started! Another great Craigslist category is "Barter", where instead of saying "I need dead monkeys" a person can post "Will trade ten pound box of glitter for dead monkeys". Here are some of my current favorites:

"TRADE - My SCHOOL BUS for your CONCESSION TRAILER or ???"

"massage for Schlitterbahn tickets"

And my personal favorite Craiglist posting ever (I'll even include the body of the posting because it's just that great):

"Will Trade a Turkey Slicer for One Sticky Midget - Looking for a sticky midget who doesn't drink or smoke, and has had their shots. Must be Catholic and not afraid of water. Yodling is a plus. Serious inquiries only."

I mean . . .what do you even say to that?

Free boobs indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee. Glad the books worked out for you... it was pretty much the same experience for me. Another fun craigslist category to peruse is the "free" listings. The stuff people are giving away is funny. Like... free refridgerator (doesn't work). Or... free mattress, soiled with cat pee. Whee!