Thursday, May 05, 2005

In Response to Some Comments

Dear people of planet Earth (allegedly),

1. To Brian in his many incarnations: you are crazy and that is part of why we love you. If I could skateboard I would totally try to copy you. Your drive-by commenting really entertains me when I'm up studying at 3am (now that I know you aren't some weirdo).

2. To Nicole, the goddess of all things office supply and liberal talk radio maven: You are making yourself sound very professional, which I think is an attempt to piss off Brian. I find this funny. I like how you try to dispel my idiocy by looking up things I don't know. : ) By the way, the office is waaaaaay better than law school.

3. To Harry the Sober Hyena: I apologize for the insult. I did not mean to intend that all hyenas are "hysterical morons". I'm sure that you are a bright, intelligent community and I meant no offense. I personally have nothing against you; in fact, some of my good friends are hyenas. I will be more careful about my turn of phrase from now on!

4. To Thomas: Umm . . .no. Let's take a moment to differentiate between "consumer whore" and "whore". VERY different. Plus, if you don't like hard work than we have a problem (besides my already-married status) in that I don't really like guys who don't work. If anyone is going to be lazy, it is ME. In fact, Matt has described me in such terms as "doesn't want to learn" and "princess". This works because we have a very good managerial relationship in which I keep track of things and deal with mean people, while Matt actually does stuff and blames everything we do wrong on me. (Examples: "Matt, here is a list if things you need to fix" or "Rachel, can I tell ____ that I can't hang out because you're making me stay home with you?")

5. To Stuart and Krissa: you guys are so great and supportive. Thank you for not insulting me like that friggin hyena. That guy sure needs a good laugh, you know? What a bastard . . .

6. To Anonymous: My next final is on Monday at 8:30 am, and I will be sure to post directions so that you and your Panda suit can come and rescue me. Everyone else is welcome to come disrupt my finals as well . . . just don't say I sent you.

so long and thanks for all the fish,

Raychul

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

‘ello!

Well, that sucks. Do I really have to make compromises so soon in our relationship? Fine – you can be lazy too. I guess there’s a certain bohemian charm to loafing in unison. But don’t expect any more favours; my therapist says everybody should give me special treatment, because I’m so awesome. Well, that’s how I hear it anyway. I’m so damned unique it takes a degree just to comprehend the tip of my iceberg of awsomeness – oh yeah. And I don’t mean unique in that put-a-duck-on-your-head-and-wet-yourself-in-public kind of way (although that is unique – you got that one all to yourself).

So I’ll just give you time to revise your answer…

Thomas


God – thanks man, that’s one less you owe me

Anonymous said...

I would like to second the above comment in re: Erin's superiority.

I don't know anything about hyenas, emus or llamas, except that I wouldn't mind if one mauled me before my civ pro final. Oh, that panda might work, too.

Anonymous said...

i represent the truffula trees... and the hyena... but not some of these... these other posters... these psudo-anoymosters... i know not who has cut their cheese... so i warn you with this, my pink-laptop bag miss, beware of copy-cat bloggers, the poison-dart froggers... 'cause they all are after your thneeds...
-the lorax

Anonymous said...

ps-i love you too, as do the snitches and the truffula bears...
-the lorax

Anonymous said...

I wish more people understood that smurfs are communists.

Rachel G. said...

the smurfs are so totally communist. And miss k. makes a good case for the Care Bears being the religious right.