Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gibberish . . .

So when I started this blog, I promised myself that it would be about something more than Law School. But I have to take a moment to update all of you to something:

I AM FINISHED WITH MY FIRST YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL.

This actually happened on Thursday, but I think it took a few days to sink in. I really can’t express how weird it feels to come home and not have to read anything or do anything.

But I’m not going to write about all that! It’s a new day; a day with much less studying and much more shopping. And I get to go back to work! I know that work is much worse than school for some people, but I’m lucky enough to work in the Best Office Ever. My boss and co-workers are great, and the fridge is always stocked with Dr. Pepper. And Nikki and I have big plans to perfect the “cup-and-string” method of communication while Brian is out of town.

Matt took Friday off from work, and we spent the day running errands and cleaning the house. We also stopped at the mall and, in less than an hour, found a new suit for Matt and a new dress for me – both for the upcoming and much-anticipated nuptials of two of our good friends. Today we went to Central Market and bought actual food, which was exciting because we haven’t cooked a meal for the past two weeks.

We also started the belated birthday/mother’s day gifts for Mom Giani and Mom Sherrill. They’re sort of getting the same thing – we’re making each of them a small scrapbook with family pictures. That’s really fun because I like anything that involves glue and paint pens. Mmmm . . . .messy.

This all may sound boring, but it’s very necessary. And, you know, it’s hard to transition directly from the thrilling world of civil procedure to table-dancing at bars. And there’s that whole bit about table-dancing being skanky. So, as boring as it sounds, a day where I get to make scrapbooks and buy groceries is just the kind of mundane, unsurprising, normal life that I’ve been craving for this past month.

That concludes this short but boring post. Maybe the next thing I write will be more interesting, but right now I’m off to throw all of my textbooks into a bonfire.

2 comments:

Pens! said...

Okay, I know we just talked about this but I thought it might be good to get some other opinions on the matter:

Which container do you think would make the best ear piece? Tin can, Dixie cup, Styrofoam cup?

Which type of string? Yarn, Jute, boondoggle thread?

There are so many options, however will we master this task in just 5 short days?

Anonymous said...

congrats, babe. can't wait til i can say the same. :)