Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Accordions? Anyone?

R: I really wanted that accordion that they had at Toyjoy! It only cost twenty dollars.
M: An accordion?
R: Yeah! Just picture it: at Feast I could play “Blessed is the Spot” on the accordion while Matthew sings in Hindi. You know, to show our half-Indian, half-Scottish heritage.

(A few minutes pass)

R: I just realized something. Accordions aren’t Scottish – I was thinking of bagpipes!

M: Then what are accordions?
R: Oh, you know, like, NEEEEEHHHHRR!!!! *
Makes arm movements as if to simulate playing an accordion.
M: *Pauses. I meant where are accordions from. I know what they are.
R: Oh.
M: But thank you for that lovely horn noise.
R: I guess maybe accordions are from Sweden. I always picture them being played by some guy in clogs.
M: Um, I think that’s Holland.
R: I suck at geography.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You guys are hilarious. I can only imagine how much fun you have together.

Rachel G. said...

i have read Heather's blog a couple of times, and it's do weird that she and Nas have such similarly themed blogs. But Nas's is like "I don't need fish" and I think Heather's is sort of different. Anyway, I will put a link to you tonight! I just didn't want to do that until I let you know that I actually had a blog.

Daniel said...

hey rachel, this is Daniel from the Austin community. i like this blog! it's fresh, and it makes me want to start mine up again. i'll keep it on the radar. take care!

Daniel said...

oh and....
don't forget to have links to other blogs you like.
are Texans known for liking Dr. Pepper? (from you profile) i much prefer it to other soft drinks myself.

Daniel said...

oh. i'm dumb. disregard my advice on blog links. you have them already.

Pens! said...

http://membres.lycos.fr/accordionstory

Accordions are English and Austrian, which I learned from a slideshow that I found when I googled "history of accordion." If you want to know more about the simultaneous patenting of the accordion, please follow the link above. I can only attest to the first two slides as it provided me all the information I needed, which was lucky because severe boredom prohibited my delving any further into the illustrious history of this divinely tuneful instrument.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear Darwin. I fear "blog" is a contagious condition. In a few years, scientists will identify the airborne virus responsible and name it something like "blogorris writivis." Fortunately I seem to have anti-bodies. Or is that for bacteria? Anyway, I can't believe I had to find out about this from Krissa's blog. Where in the world are you, Raych? I miss your pink laptop bag in the hallways of the school. If we don't hang out this weekend, we never will, ever again, because I'm leaving for Houston two days after finals end and will return only after Big Firm has stolen my soul. Therefore, I will not be the same person. Ergo, we need to hang out (see supra). Call me!